There are typically two approaches to implementation:
- Quick Start
- More comprehensive configuration.
One of the key features of PMWeb is its high level of User-configuration. This allows an organization to undertake sufficient initial training to be able to use the system and then “take its time” to progressively configure the software to its exact requirements. This approach has the advantage of substantially reducing the initial cost of acquisition. We call this approach “Quick Start” for obvious reasons.
- All the configured terminology will be consistent with the same terminology already used by the Client in the management of its processes
- Drop-down menus will have the selection options already operating in the Client’s project management and administration
- Existing Forms will have been incorporated, maintaining the familiarity of look and feel; but linked to a unified database
- An Organisational Change Management strategy, as well as the required approach to Data Migration, will have been fully developed in parallel with the configuration process.
More extensive configuration can delay the commencement of an organization-wide roll-out but can ultimately save time and underwrite user acceptance.
Our implementation methodologies incorporate years of hands-on experience with industry-accepted processes and procedures.
‘Quick Start’ can have the Client’s team up and running within two to three working weeks with a suite of modules custom-tailored to its key processes.
We have a number of standard packages designed for use in smaller implementations of 5-25 users. Base packages start at $11,500 - read more.....
More extensive Quick Start packages require at least 10 but preferably 15 man-days to implement. The standard Quick Start packages are delivered for a fixed price and involve the following stages:
|Task||Minimum Duration||Recommended Duration|
|Installation and verification||1.0 day||1.0 day|
|Discovery/requirements clarification||2.0 days||3.0 days|
|Admin training on overall system||1.0 day||1.0 day|
|Set-up and initial configuration||2.0 days||3.0 days|
|Custom Reports developed and tested||1.5 days||3.0 days|
|User training||1.5 days||2.0 days|
|Post-implementation support||1.0 days||2.0 days|
|Total duration||10 days||15 days|
One of our goals during implementation is to make our clients self-sufficient. The successful deployment of software in an organisation requires a client to have a few dedicated staff that learn the system in detail. In smaller organisations, this can come down to a single dedicated ‘PMWeb person’. It is also essential to have executive stakeholder involvement so the implementation goes smoothly and end user adoption is maximized.
More comprehensive implementation
A more comprehensive implementation is typically conducted more formally via a staged process. We have found that it is extremely important for user adoption and satisfaction that the implementation team be able to receive feedback and quickly incorporate that feedback into the system. The best feedback cannot be given until a person is able to actually use an aspect of the system. We achieve this through an agile implementation approach.
Configuration Sprints are a key element in this Agile approach. The key output for each Configuration Sprint is a fully functioning and configured feature or set of features in PMWeb.
These features could be deployed to the user base, and should be used by the super users in their pilot projects. Where appropriate for the
feature these configurations would include:
- Report Modifications or creating new BI/PMWeb reports
- Nomenclature and list changes
- Workflow defined and configured
- Process and/or training documentation created
- Configurations tested by Super Users and PMWeb Owner.
Contact us to discuss your Implementation needs. including training.
A range of Support options are available for long-term support - read more on these Support options